128 suspects arrested over Nakuru killings as police identify 'Confirm' gang ring leader

128 suspects arrested over Nakuru killings as police identify 'Confirm' gang ring leader

Rift valley Coordinator Mohamed Maalim Coordinator

  • Addressing the media on Tuesday, Rift valley Coordinator Mohamed Maalim said they are inching closer to containing the high insecurity levels in the area after the ring leader of the dreaded criminal gang 'Confirm' was identified.
  • Coordinator Maalim said that a manhunt has already been launched for the identified suspect and that authorities will make sure they are brought to book.

A total of 128 suspects have so far been arrested over the recent spate of mysterious killings in Mawanga, Nakuru County.

Addressing the media on Tuesday, Rift valley Coordinator Mohamed Maalim said they are inching closer to containing the high insecurity levels in the area after the ring leader of the dreaded criminal gang 'Confirm' was identified.

Coordinator Maalim said that a manhunt has already been launched for the identified suspect and that authorities will make sure they are brought to book.

"The main suspects in this Confirm gang are people we already know and they are largely involved in the drug business especially Kiamaina ward in Bahati. They divide the drugs to their peddlers which then facilitates their crimes," said Maalim.

"Also we have already gotten the name of the ring leader to the group named Confirm and we have also discovered that there is a person in charge of finances who funds them and hire apartments for them...We have launched investigations and we shall ensure that they are apprehended."   

The security boss also disclosed that during the arrests crude weapons such as machetes, clubs, swords, drugs and phones believed to be stolen from residents were recovered. 

"Among the things that we have been able to find are 61 knives, 436 phones, 40 laptops, 6 swords, 14 machetes, 3,367 rolls of bhang and more than 100 kilograms of bhang and a few sim cards," said Maalim.

"We have also recovered a few sachets of heroin and 10 motorbikes. No one is surrendering themselves to claim the motorbikes. We shall seek permission from the court to destroy all the exhibits because we do not want them circulating back to the society."

Maalim added that the motorbikes shall be forfeited and will be auctioned to be public and earn the government revenue in return.

"But things like motorbikes shall be forfeited for public use. We shall auction them to ensure they be part of the government revenue," he said.

Maalim further vowed that the police will be vigilant in hunting down the suspects, warning that officers found neglecting their duties will be dealt with accordingly. 

"We shall not allow Nakuru to witness another incident of what has happened. We condole with the families of those who have lost their loved ones but that is a chapter we have sealed as a government," Maalim affirmed.

"And those officers who are not doing their work, action will be taken upon them." 

Meanwhile, Nakuru Town East Member of Parliament David Gikaria is among the leaders summoned by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) in connection with the Nakuru attacks.

Mr. Gikaria was interrogated by detectives on Tuesday morning at the Nakuru DCI offices over the recent spate of the killings witnessed in Nakuru.

He was also questioned on his alleged association with the ‘Confirm’ gang.

Tags:

Nakuru County Citizen TV Citizen Digital Crime Gang violence Confirm gang

Leave a Comment

Comments

No comments yet.

latest stories