Caroline Kangogo’s father dismisses claims that she was killed
Suspected serial killer Caroline Kangogo’s father, Barnaba Kibor, maintains that his daughter took her own life, contrary to claims that she may have been murdered.
The family now says it will not honour her cremation wishes but will instead bury her on Saturday, July 24, 2021.
At their Iten home in Elgeyo Marakwet, family, neighbours and just curious residents mill around to make sense of the circumstances surrounding the death of Kangogo since her body was found in a pool of blood in their bathroom on Friday, July 16.
Police have since claimed that her death, by a single gunshot wound, was apparent suicide. Barnaba Kibor, her father, a retired police officer, confirms the same.
“Sitaka uvumi ya watu kusema pengine aliuawa. Yule mtu anajua aliuwawa anaweza kujitokeza na atueleze, sababu ile kitu mimi niliona ni huyu msichana mwenyewe alijiua kulingana na vile tulimpata,” he said.
According to Kibor, Kangogo had been dropped home the previous night at 10pm by a boda boda rider.
“Huyo kijana hakujua huyo ni msichana wangu, alimleta tu kama abiria yeyote akakuja akamwacha hapa barabarani karibu 50 meters away kutoka nyumbani,” he stated.
Kibor further masks his private pain over a public matter that has become a subject of intense debate.
“Bullet vile ilitoka haingesplash kwa ukuta kwa sababu kulingana na risasi mahali ilitokea ilitokea upande wa mdomo chini na ikatokea karibu upande wa kushoto ya kichwa yake …alipiga kutoka upande wa kulia na ni kama alipiga ikielekeshwa ni kama juu kidogo……..so haikusplash kwa sababu risasi ingetokea upande wa mbele kutokea nyuma…Caroline ni mtu wa kulia si mtu wa kutumia kushoto, kuandika kufanya kazi yake yote anatumia kulia,” he said.
He adds that even though in the family’s initial account, no gunshot was heard, Kangogo had locked herself inside the bathroom, and that it would have been impossible for her body to be brought in in the event of a murder.
“Na alifunga bafu kutoka upande wa ndani, hiyo bafu hakuna mtu vile anaweza weka mtu ndani atoke na afunge. Yeye mwenyewe alijifungia ndani ya bafu sababu aliweka chapi ya ndani.”
He also says the handset Kangogo had was taken by the police and that he cannot ascertain if the messages claimed to have been written by her circulating on social media were indeed hers.
“Mimi sikuona hiyo ujumbe, niliskia tu kwa sababu sikuona simu yake ya kwamba aliandika message…mimi sikuona, ni watoto walisoma,” stated Kibor.
As the family comes to terms with the tragedy, Kibor maintains that Kangogo is still innocent until proven guilty. For now, giving her a send-off is their immediate priority.
“Hakuna mtu ambaye amedhibitisha ukweli ya kwamba mtoto yangu aliua hawa watu, hakuna mtu anaweza eleza kwa sababu tulifikiria kwamba anaweza patikana akiwa hai angetueleza nini ilifanya afanye hiyo kitendo yote.”
No comments yet.