Kenya part company with coach Sebastien Migne
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) has terminated Harambee Stars head coach Sebastien Migne’s contract after reaching a mutual agreement with the Frenchman, the national organisation said on Monday.
In a statement, FKF said it will pay out the Frenchman’s compensation in installments with his exit coming on the back of his failed bid to qualify Kenya for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) finals.
Harambee Stars lost 4-1 to Tanzania in a penalty shootout following a 0-0 aggregate draw, the defeat extending Kenya’s 10-year wait to secure a first ever qualification to the continental championship.
Migne led Kenya to the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) Finals for the first time in 15 years but crashed out in the group stages.
Migne, 46, served as coach of the Congo national team from March 2017 before he was appointed the Kenyan coach last year in May, taking over from Paul Put on a three-year contract.
He is now the tenth coach to leave his job following the Africa Cup of Nations finals last month.
He follows Stuart Baxter (South Africa), Clarence Seedorf (Cameroon), Javier Aguirre (Egypt), Paul Put (Guinea), Herve Renard (Morocco), Ricardo Mannetti (Namibia), Emanuel Amunike (Tanzania), Sebastien Desabre (Uganda) and Sunday Chidzambwa of Zimbabwe in either quitting, coming to the end of their contracts or being fired.