Kompany extends Burnley contract until 2028
Soccer Football - Championship - Blackburn Rovers v Burnley - Ewood Park, Blackburn, Britain - April 25, 2023 Burnley players throw manager Vincent Kompany in the air after winning the match to become champions Action Images via Reuters/Lee Smith
Audio By Vocalize
Burnley
manager Vincent Kompany has extended his contract at the club until 2028 after
winning the second-tier Championship and gaining promotion to the Premier
League, the club said on Sunday.
Burnley
secured promotion last month when the club returned to the top flight after one
season, sealing the Championship title with two games to spare.
"Burnley
and Turf Moor felt right pretty much from the start, so it also feels right to
sign for the next five years," former Manchester City and Belgium defender
Kompany said in a statement.
"Together
with the fans we have made Turf Moor a fortress again and continue to look
forward to the future and the job of making Burnley better with every
step."
Burnley will
wrap up their season on Monday with a game against Cardiff City at home, where
they will be presented with the trophy.
"We are
ecstatic Vincent has signed a new deal. He is the perfect fit for how we all
see Burnley Football Club moving forward," Burnley chairman Alan Pace
said.
"An
extraordinary leader, setting ever higher standards and driving our club to the
levels we all want to achieve."
Burnley's
success has also seen new investment come in from former NFL player J.J. Watt
and his wife Kealia Watt, a former US international soccer player.

Join the Discussion
Share your perspective with the Citizen Digital community.
No comments yet
This discussion is waiting for your voice. Be the first to share your thoughts!