Mascherano agrees new 3-year Barca deal
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Javier Mascherano is set to extend his contract with Barcelona, ending speculation of a move to Juventus.
Mascherano, has a 100 million pounds release clause in his current deal which runs until 2018, but reports emerged recently claiming that advanced talks had taken place with Juve about a transfer earlier this summer.
Serie A champions Juve have already signed Dani Alves after Barca granted the defender a free transfer, but their hopes of luring Mascherano as a replacement for Paul Pogba, who continues to be tracked by Manchester United and Real Madrid, appear to have been dashed.
Albert Soler, Barca’s director of professional sports, said that an agreement had been reached on a new deal which would run until 2019 and would include improved terms for the player.
“Javier Mascherano and the club have agreed to renew his contract,” Soler at the news conference presenting Andre Gomes as a new Barca player,” He will stay at the club for the next three years, with his contract being improved. We are all happy with this.”
- Newcastle forward Ayoze Perez is on Barcelona’s wanted list as they look to bring in a back-up striker for their Luis Suarez, Leo Messi and Neymar forward line. The Spanish forward will be 24 on Friday.
- Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has told 23-year-old winger Jese Rodriguez to leave the club in order to play regular first-team football.
- Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing Jese, who has played five times for Spain’s under-21 side.
- Lyon have told Arsenal and West Ham they will have to offer 40 million pounds plus bonuses to sign 25-year-old striker Alexandre Lacazette. Arsenal chief-executive Ivan Gazidis has insisted the club are run in a ‘self-sustaining way’ and will not try to outspend their budget during this summer’s transfer window.
- Everton rejected a 40 million pounds bid from City earlier this month but are resigned to losing John Stones who has told the club he wants to leave Goodison Park.
- Besiktas confirm interest in signing Mario Balotelli from Liverpool while the Anfield giants have had a 33.5 million pounds bid rejected for Sporting Lisbon’s Portugal midfielder Joao Mario.
- Chelsea and Everton will fight for the signature of Sporting Lisbon’s £30m-rated Portugal midfielder William Carvalho while Antonio Conte’s side has warned Juventus that they have no intention of selling 27-year-old defensive midfielder Nemanja Matic.
- Manchester United target Blaise Matuidi has been told he is allowed to leave Paris St-Germain this summer, with the 29-year-old midfielder available for around 30 million pounds.
- Former Everton manager Roberto Martinez is the frontrunner to be the new Hull manager.
- Agent Mino Raiola has cancelled Juventus and France midfielder Paul Pogba’s medical with Manchester United, which the 23-year-old was set to complete in Miami.
- Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis believes that the word “betrayal” is the best way of describing Gonzalo Higuain’s transfer to Juventus.
- The club has had a bid for Ajax striker Arkadiusz Milik accepted as they look to replace new Juventus signing Gonzalo Higuain.
No comments yet.