Kayole: 3 year old burnt to death as fire razes houses

Kayole: 3 year old burnt to death as fire razes houses

null

Vocalize Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Vocalize

A family in Kayole, Nairobi county, is in mourning, following the death of their three-year-old daughter , who got trapped inside their house when it caught fire.

The child's mother left the toddler asleep on Monday as she took her other children to school.

However, the house was razed in an inferno and neighbours were unable to break down the door to access the child in good time.

The mother is said to have returned to a traumatic experience as she found her child had been trapped in the fire.  

“Nairobi county fire fighters came when we had already put out the fire, but the child could not be saved,” Josphat Musya, a neighbour; told Wananchi Reporting.

“Police officers took the body of the deceased to Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital," he added.

Other houses were also destroyed in the fire, whose cause is yet to be established.

Additional reporting by Janet Akin

Tags:

Wananchi reporting Kayole fire

Want to send us a story? SMS to 25170 or WhatsApp 0743570000 or Submit on Citizen Digital or email wananchi@royalmedia.co.ke

Leave a Comment

Comments

No comments yet.